Saturday 14 January 2012

Increasing my feedburner email subscribers - an unexpected result

Have you ever notice those side bar tabs on some of the blogs? They are useful for two purpose

1) Reduce the clatter of having additional widgets on your side-bar
2) Increase visibility or at least I hope it would do.

There are a couple of plugins available and I decided to use Share and Follow plugin because of its popularity. It's basically a plugin to share your blog using all the various social media available. As my focus is on increasing my feedburner email subscribers, I tweaked it to link it to a page on my site instead of directly to a social media portal.  The results were astonishing. Within three days, my feedburner subscribers jump from 801 to 874. However, upon further investigation, my email subscriber only increase by one. It would seem that most are not comfortable in subscribing via email and are subscribing via readers. I am particular on this and consider the implementation a success.

I will let it run for another week or two, or until I reach the magical 1K subscribers. After which will be Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Are u sure the subscribers are real human rather than bot?

    ReplyDelete