Wednesday 21 September 2011

Improving Loading Speed - Part II

Installation of W3 Total Cache was pretty straight forward. Although the installation guide states that I have to change the folder permission for 'wp-content' folder, I left it as it is without any problems. There are really tons of settings and I am leaving everything as default. The only change I made is to enable Database Cache.

Without further ado, let's see if there is any improvement.

Google Page Speed Online: 87/100
WebPageTest: 11.642s

Hmm.. results ain't fantastic. I was expecting a Google Page Speed of >90 and less than 10s loading time. Hold on a minute. I see a notification:
The setting change(s) made either invalidate the cached data or modify the behavior of the site. Empty the page cache  now to provide a consistent user experience.


Google Page Speed Online: 88/100
WebPageTest: 9.405s

Cool, load speed has now drop to below 10s and a slight improvement in Google Page Speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment