Tuesday 27 September 2011

Million Dollar Blog Project - TheFinance.sg

I already have a site TheFinance.sg that aggregates local finance and investing blogs and have been thinking of ways to increase my readership.

ThinkTraffic has launched a Million Dollar Blog Project. Its goal is to build a blog from scratch and earn $1M over its life.  Sounds kind of ambitious but also sound fun.

Registration is pretty standard but I don’t like that I have to register for a clicky account. Seem like some marketing tie up here. Why can’t we use Google Analytics or any of your own tracking websites?

“We cannot currently accept any sites that receive more than 500,000 daily page views.”

I guess if you are a big time site, you are deemed over qualified for the Million Dollar project.

I don’t like to install additional plugins in WordPress for fear of slowing down my site. Hence, I decide to use the tracking code. Hmm… the tracking code consist of a image. There should have an option for hidden tracking.

There are two fields that can be a little bothersome – total revenue earned and Journal link. I don’t think the purpose is to expose this information to the public but rather to force you to really look closely at your stats and think of ways to improve it.

Off to do my Journal post.

Updates
Million Dollar Blog Project Update - 17 Oct 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment