Wednesday 31 August 2011

Stretching my dollar - a new domain registrar


My current registrar has served me well for the past 4yrs but I am looking if I could stretch my dollar more. A quick search on the web shows that my registrar is not in any of the top five domain registrars which is pretty odd. Surprising GoDaddy is one of the recommended registrars although I have heard many horror stories about it. I suppose the more popular you are, the more feedback you will have and there is a tendency that only disastisfied customers will give their feedback.

It didn't take long for me to find myself a new domain registrar - Namecheap.com

Here are the main reasons:

1) Voted best domain registrar 2010 by Lifehacker
2) Free Whois protector for one year or $2.88/yr thereafer for one website. My current registrar charges $9.99/yr


1 comment:

  1. Really great post and good information you have shared here, Keep it up..web hosting provider

    ReplyDelete